Spiritual Life and Worship
Extraordinary Ministers of Communion
- The Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (at Mass) assist the celebrant in the distribution of Holy Communion at Masses on Sundays, Holydays and weekdays.
- The schedule for Sunday Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion is each Sunday for a month, every third month.
- The schedule for weekday Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion is one day a week, year round.
- The readers at Mass proclaim the “Word of God” through readings taken from the Old and New Testaments.
- The Sunday Masses schedule for readers is each Sunday for a month, every third month.
- The schedule for readers for weekday Masses is one day a week, year round.
- Altar Servers assist the celebrant on the altar during Mass. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the Mass and to become an integral and important part of the celebration of the Eucharist.
- Any boy or girl, in the 5th through 12th grade, who has made First Communion is eligible to become an altar server. Training is provided.
- The altar servers usually serve two Sunday Masses per month. Schedules are provided on a monthly basis.
- A sacristan’s duties are to set out vestments and prepare sacred vessels for Masses.
- The Sunday Mass schedule for sacristans is each Sunday for a month, every third month.
- The schedule for sacristans for weekday Masses is one day a week, year round.
Sacred Music Program
Ladies Altar Society
- This volunteer organization is very active in the day to day duties and chores that are required to keeping the Church, Sacristy and Blessed Sacrament Chapel neat, tidy and organized.
- The many services of the Ladies Altar Society include weekly washing of purificators, corporals and linens used during the celebration of Mass. The ladies also clean sacred vessels, sacristy area and church sanctuary furnishings on a weekly basis. Groups in the society clean the main body of the church, pick up between pews, dust pillars and window ledges. The chapel is also cleaned weekly.
- Altar linens are changed according to the season. They are cleaned, pressed, sewn and mended by the Altar Society.
- The Ladies also do sewing and mending of vestments for priests and liturgical ministers.
- This ministry consists of men who pass the collection baskets at each weekend Mass. The ushers seat people in the church and also hand out bulletins at the end of each Mass.
- The ushers schedule is one Mass per weekend. Each Mass has an Usher Captain who is the contact person for the ushers scheduled.
Men of Mary
- This ministry consists of men who have a special devotion to our Blessed Mother. These men attend the 6:30 a.m. Mass every Wednesday and pray the rosary after Mass before the Blessed Sacrament.
- The Men’s Marian Movement exists for the purpose of praying and interceding on behalf of people throughout the world. The Men of Mary also accept prayer petitions and intentions.
The Chapel of the Holy Family at St. Mary Magdalen
St. Mary Magdalen parish is very blessed to have a prayer chapel on the Church grounds. The chapel is open 24 hours a day but is locked for security reasons after 6:00 p.m. each night. A security code is needed to enter after hours.
Adoration before the Most Blessed Sacrament occurs once a month beginning on the Thursday before First Friday. After the Thursday 6:30 a.m. morning Mass there is Benediction and then 24 hour Eucharistic adoration begins until after the 6:30 a.m. Mass on First Friday.
Prayer Opportunities in the Holy Family Chapel
- First Friday Benediction and 24 hour Eucharistic Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Holy Hour for Children is held every First Saturday in the chapel at 9:00 a.m.
- Family Rosary in the Chapel is held every 3rd Saturday of the month at 9:00 a.m.
- The Chapel is a peaceful and quiet place to pray before the Blessed Sacrament 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Chapel remains open during weekends and holidays for those who wish to pray. Personal Holy Hours are available.